This report examines the international community’s efforts to support conflict mitigation and peacebuilding from 2005 to 1010. The evaluation throws light on the ways in which donors’ policies, funding strategies, and structures have been motivated and shaped by the challenges posed by the political and operational environment in Southern Sudan.
• Team Leadership, evaluations of NGO, donor, EC, UN and IFI work in Southern Africa (7 countries), North/East Africa (6 countries), South-East Asia (6 countries), Eastern Europe/CIS/Middle East (7 countries), Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, North Korea.
• Forced migration, food security, capacity development, social development, evaluation and programme design, especially in post-conflict countries (8 African countries, 5 Asian countries).
• Country Representative posts in Sudan, Ethiopia, Pakistan/Afghanistan and Cambodia
• Academic and 'accessible' writing on development issues, including five published books
• NGO-UN relations and related research projects in UK, Switzerland and in developing countries, including research on forced displacement, NGO capacity building, etc