Taxonomy results for: The Media in Practice
The series’ curriculum focuses on three main goals, identified by local experts as critical to building peace in South Sudan.
- To promote peaceful co-existence among South Sudanese youth from different cultural and tribal orientations.
- To create the foundations of peacebuilding by empowering South Sudanese youth to be accountable, independent and participatory citizens of society.
- To promote peaceful and democratic growth in society by fostering an understanding of gender equality.
Throughout the radio drama we learn how the characters become peace builders in their communities. Youth are invited to share their thoughts and experiences online through the Sawa Shabab Facebook fan page as well as via Twitter (@SawaShabab) and via an SMS service.Read More
Citizen Theatre is building a national network of theatre groups, through its work with secondary school students and youth groups:
- Training and Network-building: Citizen Theatre technique and establishing theatre clubs and groups
- Community Forums: Trained youth perform Forum Theatre in the community to generate dialogue about local issues
- Production of Forum Theatre Festivals
- Production and dissemination of radio series using Forum Theatre models.
From Bor to Wau, Juba to Bentiu,Terekeka to Torit, young people bring up the same key issues through Forum Theatre: Corruption, early marriage, alchoholism, tribalism and cattle raiding. The activity allows youth to come together and create a rare space for dialogue and action-planning.Read More